Thursday, July 21, 2011

Missing in action plus card share

Yeah so I've been absent from the blog for a month. To start things off my niece and nephew are here to visit for the whole summer, so it's been me and 4 kids all 6 yrs. old and under by myself since hubby was at school for the first three weeks.  Man you really learn how to manage your time better.  Also, I'm trying out for a few design teams. First time ever trying out so I'm not holding my breath. But I really wanted to challenge myself and do something that scares me. I'm a pretty shy, non confrontational person so this is really out of my element. I've been creating, just not things that I can put up on the blog yet.  I have made a heck of a lot of cards these last few days, though.  I've been all about challenging myself lately and I really wanted to try and make simpler cards that will mail easily.  I find myself paying a lot of money is postage when I have to mail out a card to a friend or family member. That really does not bother me but when I gift cards in packages I want to make sure that the recipient does not have to pay a lot in postage.  The first card did not meet my challenge requirements but I think by the time I got to the last card I succeeded. Here are just a few of the cards I've worked on as of late.


This is the first card. It started out good and then I gave in.  It just felt too plain and I though a felt flower would do the trick.


Supplies:
Lawn Fawn: Fanciful Frames & Just my Type, too
MFT die namics: Rolled Flower
Prima: White Mulberry leaves
Tsuikineko: VersaMark
American Crafts: Zing embossing powder Chestnut
Core'dinations: Cardmaker Series Pearls Baby pink pearl
Martha Stewart: Score Board
Papertrey ink: Dark Chocolate Felt
Copic: YG63
Misc. Pearl and wood paper


Then I figured, well the first one has dimension, Why not?



Supplies:
Tsukineko: VersaMark
Darice: Self-Stick Chalkboard Sheets
Misc: Pearls 

Than I decided to cut it out and really try. Not as happy with this one. It just looks so unfinished. Maybe if I added a little bit of pattern paper it wouldn't look so bad.


Supplies:
Recollections: Kraft cardstock
We r Memory Keepers: Corner Chomper round 1/2 inch


Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope that within a few weeks I can start keeping on with my blog on a more daily version.  
Yar!tza

No comments:

Post a Comment