Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My first Papertrey Ink card

I've had about 5 of their sets that I've been afraid to ink up. I think they're just so beautiful. Well I finally got the guts to ink one of the sets and make a card. For this card I used Everyday Button Bits. This set was specifically designed for you to use buttons. Love it!! On the website you'll see that there is some gray shading well that part does not stamp. That's where the buttons go. Fantastic HUH?
Here is my card:

Breakdown and supplies:
First I made a standard size card with Papertrey ink's Stamper's select white cardstock. Stamped Hero Art's Cloud Background stamp with Hero Art's Shadow ink in Soft Pool. Took my Papertrey ink set and cut the hot air balloons apart.  All three came together but I wanted them spread out through the card.  Stamped them with Memento Dew Drop in Tuxedo Black. I tied black embroidery floss to random buttons from my collection to fit the size of the hot air balloon.  I attached them either using Zots or Glossy Accents. For the banner die cut I used Papertrey ink's Double-Ended Banners die set and then stamped one of the banners from Papertrey ink's Banner Builder Set, inside I used the sentiment "Soaring by to say hi" from the Everyday button bits set all on Papertrey ink's Stamper's select white cardstock. Inked the edges of the banner with Hero Arts Shadow ink in Soft Pool and to finish the card I rounded the bottom two edges with We R Memory Keepers' round Corner Chomper.

That's it for today. Thanks for stopping by:
Yar!tza

1 comment: