I purchased the frame at Ikea. It's called Virserum. It was only $2 and it's for 5x7 pictures. I used a bit Vintage Photo Distress ink since it was so white in comparison to the mini and wiped off the extra with a paper towel. I also distressed the mat and put a bit of scrap paper where the picture would be so when the album is removed there is still something pretty to look at. I did one change that I felt would work better for me. Instead of hot glueing the clip on to the frame I ran a piece of Seam Binding through the frame and tied onto the clip. I could not get the clip to stay when I was playing around taking the mini in and out. I tried not to make it too dimensional but I did add a few buttons and gems and I think that's the reason that It was so hard to take it out and put it back on without the clip de attaching from the frame.
For the album I used my Cameo to cut the pages. I used one of the files from 12x12 background frames and just sized it to fit within my frame. I used Recollection's Kraft cardstock for all my pages. Scored it in half using my Martha Stewart Scoring Board. I distressed all the edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink. For the layering pattern paper I cut the same shape slightly smaller out of Kraft and then I layered them over the pattern paper and cut them by hand. That way I could control which way the design is facing and reserve the paper also. 90% of my pattern paper and embellishments I got from my Studio Calico kits: Handmade, Thimble, and Pin Cushion.
For the cover I hand made the Rosettes using my Martha Steward scoring board and the valley and hill technique using various withs and lengths of pattern paper to achieve the different sizes. The leaves are white Prima mulberry leaves I sprayed with Olive Vine Glimmer Mist. The photos were all edited to 2.5x2.5.
Now to pack this up and send it off to My husband's Grandma as a birthday gift.
Thanks for stopping by: