Tuesday, March 1, 2011

6th Birthday party!

We celebrated my Daughter's 6th birthday party this past Saturday and fun was had by all!! I was exhausted when I got home. I fell asleep on the couch for about an hour. She was hopped up on sugar. LOL! She just wanted to head to her room and start tearing open all the gifts she received.


This is the table setting. They provided all the plates, napkins, cups, place mats and utensils and I made the goodie bags. Very simple. There were about 20 children and their parents there so I had to make quick and simple treats. A lunch bag filled with party favors from Walmart. I printed the journaling on the computer. It reads: Thank you for celebrating my 6th Birthday with me. Skatetown USA February 2011. Isabella Eby.
I cut the rectangles with Nestabilities Long Classic Rectangles Large and Nestablities Long Classic Scalloped Rectangles Large. On the corner I added a Littlest Pet shop sticker.  It was her theme added to the theme that the skating rink provided.  Folded the top over and added some curling ribbon to complete the bag.

The beautiful Birthday girl with her cake.

The birthday cake.  I baked three 8 inch square cakes. Cut two about an each shorter than each other and layered them.  The paw at the top was cut with my Martha Stewart Cricut cake using the Mickey and Friends cartridge.  The "grass" was made with a pipping bag and a pipping tip.  The fence is Wilton Fondant cut into rectangles and long strips to make it look like a fence. The flowers were also pipped. Added one of her Littlest pet shop dogs on the top.  There were 24 cupcakes. The grass  and flowers were pipped on. The bone was cut using a cookie cutter with fondant.

Thanks for stopping by:
Yar!tza

1 comment:

  1. Wow Yaritza, your daughter is beautiful! You did an amazing job with that cake, just reading the details made me tired, it looks gorgeous, i bet she loved it. Thanks for sharing your creations!!!

    ReplyDelete