Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Card to share

I've had this idea in my head for such a long time. I was obsessed with it when I saw all these stamps and cricut cartridge. Saved my pennies and I was able to get all the supplies together to make this one card. Yes one card!! I had to make this one card!

Here is the inside of it: I had to color in the image and then figure out the dimensions of the card based on the final size of the image. Honestly I don't even remember what the final dimension of the card is. I though I had it all figured out and then I had to start over cause I was an inch off.  A whole inch.  Math has never been my strong subject.


Breakdown and supplies:
Fist I stamped C.C.Designs Sweet November Lilliane stamp with Memento Dew Drop Tuxedo Black ink. Covered her with a stamped mask made out of Inkadinkado's stamping mask paper.  Used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to help me line up Magnolia's Castle background stamp.  Colored the whole scenery with my Copics and highlighted certain areas with my atyou spica pens all of that done on Cryogen white cardstock. I distressed the edges with Pumice Stone and Vintage Paper distress ink. Cut panels out of Graphic 45 Steampunk Debutante 8x8 paper pad to cover the flaps on both sides.  On each panel I took the biggest rose and covered it with Rock Candy Distress Stickles.

Here is the front:


Breakdown and supplies:
I cut two panels out of the B side of the same patterned paper I used for the inside of the card. Used my Cricut Expression and the Ornamental Iron cartridge to cut the two gates out of  DCWV The Metallic Stack.  I used May Arts 1 1/2 inch silk ribbon which I cut in half and then colored with my Copics to match. I attached the ribbon with 1/4 inch Scor tape to the card base all the way around so the ribbon would not fall off when opened.  On the corner I die cut two small gears using Tim Holtz's Sizzix Bigz die Gadget Gears with black mat board and some left overs of the patterned paper, sprayed with Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer mist. Some Recollection's Mini Roses that were toned with Copics to match and sprayed with Dazzling Diamond Glimmer Mist, two white Prima leaves sprayed with Olive Vine Glimmer Mist and some Recollections bling finish off the card.

Copic colors:
B21
BG13, BG15, BG18
C00
E000, E00, E11, E25, E27, E95, E97, E99
G94, G99
T1, T3, T5, T7
R2O
YR05, YR07, YR09
Colorless Blender
atyou spica:
Orange
Turquoise
Silver
Multilner .05

That's it for today. Thanks for stopping by :
Yar!tza

No comments:

Post a Comment