Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Bookmarks


I made these a few weeks back to take to my daughter's class mates on her birthday. Her school is a  no food school but the teacher likes for the parents to come to the class and read the class a book (even though I didn't get to read the book, Isabella read it all by herself) I still wanted to have a little something for the kids.

Breakdown and supplies:
This is a great project to use up all those scraps you have laying around.
You'll need some sort of hear laminating machine.  I used my Provo Craft Yourstory with Scotch's Thermal Laminating Purches for Business I.D. Cards.
For the boys I used Recollection's Kraft cardstock, a frame stamp from SU!'s Label Classics and SU!'s Wild West Alphabet to create each child's initial with Colorbox's chalk ink in Chestnut Roan .  I used Fiskars Gettin' Antsy squeeze punch for the ant die cut. To finish it up I used the Crop-A-Dile to add a hole at the top of the bookmark and added some scrap ribbon.
For the girls I used a Unity Stamp Company frame from KOM 11/2010 Picture Perfect and SU!'s Wild West Alphabet to create the initials. With Recollection's Kraft cardstock and Colorbox's chalk ink in Chestnut Roan. The butterfly die cut is a Martha Stewart punch called 3-in-1 classic butterfly. To finish it up I used the Crop-A-Dile to add the hole at the top of the bookmark and some scrap ribbon.

That's all for today. Thanks for stopping by:
Yar!tza

No comments:

Post a Comment