Thursday, November 17, 2011

Lawnscaping Challenge #21

Hello,
I created this card for the current challenge over at Lawscaping challenge blog. The theme is Thank You. I was late with this and missed the deadline but I still wanted to share it with you guys.

My card:

My mom is hosting Thanksgiving this year and I needed to make a card and this is what I came up with. The idea of this card was for it to look like a door with a wreath hanging on the front of it.  Kinda came across. I feel like something is missing but I just can't put my finger on it.  For the card base I used The Paper Company Kraft cardstock. For the pattern paper I used Studio Calico's Wild Flower from the Countryside collection. I cut the card layer the same dimension as the card base and then cut 4 rectangles smaller to make them look like the panel popped up with pop dots. Added a Tim Holtz Hitch Fastener to make it look like it was the door knob. For the wreath I stamped the Turkey from Turkey Days Lawn Fawn Stamp on Copic Xpress Blending Card. Colored in with my Copic Sketch markers. Distressed over top of it with Vintage Photo distress ink and cut it out with Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles LG. For the wreath I used two different Nestabilities set. Classic Inverted Scalloped LG and Beaded Circles cut out of Studio Calico's Atmosphere pattern paper from the Elementary Collection.  Attached some hemp twine so that it looked like it was hanging by the top of the door. The banner at the bottom was created using Papertrey Ink's Double-Ended Banners, two white prima leaves colored with my copics, a button created with Epiphany Craft's 14mm Button Studio Tool Round and a custom sentiments using Lawn Fawn's Harold's ABC stamp set stamped with Jenni Bowlin's Chili Powder ink.

Copic colors used:
E25, E27, E29
R24, R27, R29
YG63
YR04
Colorless  Blender

Thanks for stopping by:
Yar!tza

No comments:

Post a Comment