Monday, November 14, 2011

MFT Wednesday Stamp Club Sketch 45

Hello,
I have another card for this weeks card sketch challenge from MFT. Here is the sketch for this week. To find out more info click HERE.


The front of my card:

I decided to make this a tag/card combo so the recipient could use it as a book mark if they so choose after they read the message. To make the front of my card I cut the tag using Tim Holtz Sizzix Tag & Bookplates die out of The Paper Company Kraft cardstock.  I used MFT's Rain or Shine stamp set. Stamped the clouds from that set at the top of the tag with Frost Versamark. Cut trips of cardstock from Cosmos Crickets 6x6 Mini Deck Delovely and used Quickutz Scallop Edges die set to cut the small and bigger scallops.  Did some zig zag stitching with my machine. Edged the tag with Prima's Chalk Ink in Vintage Pink. Stamped her on Cryogen White cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I colored the skin, jacket ruffle, boots and the dog with my Copics. Her jacket was paper pieced with the same Cosmo Cricket collection. For the rain puddle I colored it in with my Copics then gave it a light coat of Glossy Accents.  I had forgotten I wanted to add the rain drop stamp as well. So I very carefully inked my stamp and stamped the rain drops with Ice Blue Chalk ink and added Crystal Stickles to the bottom of the rain drops for some shine. For the umbrella I stamped the image on the back of the cardstock so that I could cut it out. I wanted the shape but not the stamped image. Added some foam dots to the back of the umbrella and added it on. 

The back of my card:

I created a pocket by first measuring the size of cardstock needed to cover the back and then using a circle punch to punch half a circle to make the folded card easier to take out. Yeah I'm completely off center. Inked the edges and adhered it using 1/4 inch Scor-Tape on three sides leaving the top free. Out of scrap cardstock cut the little hole finishers. For the ribbon I used seam binding which I colored with coordinating Copic colors using the broad side. Fed them through the hole and tied them together with hemp twine. 

Copic colors used:
E0000, E00, E11, E23, E25
C00
BG 13, BG18
YG03 
Colorless Blender

Thanks for stopping by:
Yar!tza

No comments:

Post a Comment