Friday, November 18, 2011

Taylored Expressions Sketch Challenge 150

Hello everyone,
For today's post I have an altered organizer I created using the sketch:


It's going to be a long post so please hold on till the end. LOL!

The front cover:

 I have no idea what this Christmas paper is. I've had it for years and years. I bought it at Michaels and it came with like 80 sheets of really flimsy thin paper.  I'm trying to use it up since I feel so guilty having all this paper and buying more. But I think next year it's going to be donated to my daughter's class and I'm buying new paper. What I did first was cut 2 pieces of chipboard and the pattern paper to 5x7. Ran the pattern paper through my Xyron 900 and attached it to the chipboard.  Used the Corner Chomper (1/4 inch size) on the outer two corners. With my Crystal Stickles I added a little sparkle to the cover. Let it dry. Added a banner strip using pattern paper from the same Christmas stack. The scallop border was created using Quickutz Scallop Edges die out of some scrap paper and added some Martha Stewart clear gem stickers, can't find a link for these. The snowflake was created with glitter paper I found at Target's $1 spot using my Cricut Expression and the Christmas Solutions Cartridge.  Added a huge Jolee's Boutique Vintage Gem in the center. For the label I used Take Note-Holidays Taylored Expressions stamp set stamped with Jenni Bowlin Chili Powder ink on Papertrey Ink Stamper's Select White cardstock and Take Note die 3 to cut the shape out. All the edges were distressed using Broken China distress ink.

The insides:

The inside pages were cut at 4.5x6.5. I wanted the inside pages smaller so that the tabs don't stick out past the organizer. Behind the tab page are 5 pages of regular computer paper.  I created all the tabs using Taylored Expressions Keeping Tabs stamp set and Keeping Tabs die. Same design, paper, ink and stamp set as the front cover except I used Take Note die 2 and Studio 18 Rhinestones, found at Michaels $1 spot. I have four tabs total, two that look like the picture above with the sentiments To Do and Gifts and two that look like envelopes with the sentiments Coupons and Receipts.

Envelope Front
Envelope Back:
For the envelopes I used my Silhouette and pocket_envelope_c00194_41853 file from the Silhouette online store. To make sure the flaps stay closed I used round velcro dots. 

To bind the organizer I used the We R Memory Keepers Cinch Version 1 and the binding wire 1.25 in silver. Attached 3 bows of seam binding and in one of them I ran a red clip through it with a small pencil.

Thanks for hanging till the end,
Yar!tza

No comments:

Post a Comment