Thursday, January 27, 2011

A manly card

I'm still trying to get a hold of how to make manly/boyish anything.  I'm pretty bad at it.  This is an attempt at a Birthday card.  I thought it wasn't bad.  I need sentiments that are more squarish of sorts. Nothing too swirly or pretty but these were the best sentiments I had that were manly.



The breakdown and supplies:

First I stamped Printworks Collection Dad's truck stamp on some Papertrey ink's Stamper's select white cardstock. Colored with my Copics (I'll list the colors at the end).  I stamped the sentiment "celebrate" from Inque Boutique's Mini Birthday stamps set ( I think they went out of business), using my EKSucess Stamp-a-ma-jig stamp positioner to make sure that the sentiment ends up in the center of the license plate area with Memento Dew Drop in Tuxedo Black ink. I cut the image out using my EKSucess Precision Snips Scissors. Those things are amazing for cutting out all those tiny details. Love them! I used my retired SU! My ABC wheel stamp (it looked like a road to me) with the Stampin' around handle that had an un-Inked stamping around cartridge  re-filled with VersaMark and embossed with Stampendous! Stamp-n Stuff Embossing Powder in Detail Black Opaque on Papertrey Inks Stamper's select white cardstock and distressed with Pumice Stone distress ink. The background paper is from Cloud 9 Designs Wild Indigo Specialty 12x12 Paper pad, I distressed the edges with Heidi Swapp's Edge Distresser. With American Crafts Ginger Alphabet stamp set I created the sentiment "beep!" using Memento Dew Drop in Tuxedo Black ink.  For the card base I used Recollection's Kraft cardstock, put on the "road" flat on the card and popped the car up with some pop dots. 

Copic colors:
C00
BG 93, BG 96, BG 99
Y11
Colorless blender

That's it for today. Thanks for stopping by:
Yar!tza

No comments:

Post a Comment